CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

The Armor of God

OK- this is just a thought for ya. Sometimes being in the prayer room is hard... that may sound odd, but think about it. if you spend time in the LORD's presence in an intentional way, He gets more amazing, full of glory, majesty, etc.... and our crap inevitably surfaces in contrast to his holiness. Some of my crap is that I look to men to be noticed or regarded instead of doing or being wholly unto the LORD. One night in particular I felt like a 2 year old, getting popped on the hand repeatedly, but then I recognized his grace in it and that he is not letting things fester but calling me on it in the moment... basicly disciplining "those he loves", specifically me.

Well, after a while I am still having a hard time focusing, so the armor of God comes to mind, so I turn to Ephesians 6, a passage I have prayed through for many years (lots of highlights there and notes- haha!). Anyway, I read it and am impressed that the LORD says... again, parke, and meditate on it. Well, here goes (just follow my thoughts)... "the belt of truth buckled around your waist"...hmmm, truth..."i am the way, the truth, and the life"...ok, Christ is the truth...ok, Christ around my waist...next, "the breastplate of righteousness in place"...righteousness...hmmm... it is not my righteousness, it is Christ's...so, Christ is my breastplate...next, "feet fitted with...gospel of peace"...hmmm...Christ is the gospel, and he brought peace to us...reconciliation...so, Christ on my feet..Ok, Lord, i am seeing a pattern!!..."shield of faith"... my faith is in him... Christ is my covering..."helmet of salvation".... he is my salvation...Christ on my head..."sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God"...hmmm..."in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning"... Christ is the Word....so...Christ is in my hand"...
WOW...CHRIST IS THE ARMOR OF GOD!!!!!
Christ around my waist
Christ my breastplate
Christ on my feet
Christ my shield (covering me)
Christ on my head
Christ in my hand (the sword)

He is first, preeminent, before all things, in all things, and He literally covers me from head to toe!!!!

1 comments:

maryg said...

Thanks, I needed that! I hope you're doing well. We sure miss you guys.